David Graham is a Scottish artist living in Salo and working in Helsinki. He received his BA (Hons) Degree from Gray’s School of Art, Aberdeen, UK and his MFA from Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, USA. Graham has exhibited in Finland, UK and USA.
The absurdity of life is a loose theme that runs through Graham’s work. He treats serious subject matter, such as life and death, in a light-hearted fashion and gives a little more weight, sympathy and emphasis to issues many consider mundane. Although he does not make bold statements prophesizing a certain philosophy, his work can be read on many levels, and is often a reaction to societal and political absurdities.
Selected Solo Shows
- 2011 Me and Ma Mates, Napa gallery, Helsinki, Finland Why Me?, Salo Art Museum, Salo, Finland
- 2007 Observational Therapy, The Surplus Gallery, Southern Illinois, Carbondale, USA Exercise, The Vergette Gallery, Carbondale, Illinois, USA
- 2005 Who’s Your Dada? The Vergette Gallery, Carbondale, IL
Selected Group Shows
- 2009 The Sketchbook Project, The Art House Gallery, Atlanta, GA, USA (touring USA)
- 2008 Punainen Täplä, Salo Art Museum, Salo, Finland
- 2007 Drawing Game (D.I.C.K), New Harmony Gallery of Contemporary Art, Indiana, New Harmony, USA
- 2006 Snap to Grid, Los Angeles Center for Digital Art, Los Angeles, California Drawing Game (D.I.C.K) with Ilona Niemi, Cheonae Kim and Kelly Sim, Vergette Gallery, Carbondale, IL